An adult rat can squeeze into your home through a hole as small as the size of a quarter.
They have a deep wooded history and chew on anything wood, paper etc. From a central colony nest underground, they build radiating tunnels and go in search of food source. Termites are known to destroy the wall and roofing timbers of a home within three months of construction.
Rats have strong teeth that allow them to chew through glass, cinderblock, wire, aluminum and lead.Smell, taste, touch and sound help direct them to their food sources.
Rats are also responsible for spreading Bubonic Plague, also known as the "Black Death". Although fleas are primarily responsible for infecting humans, they were originally infected with the plague by feeding on the blood of rats.
Rats are scavengers. They have an excellent sense of taste and a good memory. A rat can identify certain substances, including rat poisons, after just a tiny taste of it.
• Rats will eat almost anything, so keep your homes clean and do not leave food out.
• Make sure that your home and storage areas are clean and dry.
• Make sure that you clean your sheds, crawlspaces, and garbage cans often.
• Close up any small holes and cracks they can come in through.
• If you see Rats, it is best to call Target Pest Controls N Equipments due to the illnesses they can spread.